Carrot Wreath Bundt Cake
225g caster sugar
300ml corn oil
300g plain all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1-1/4 tsp baking POWDER
½ tsp baking SODA
½ tsp salt
4 medium carrots, finely grated
75g walnuts, finely chopped
75g soaked sultanas or mixed fruit
- Sieve group B items and set aside. Grate carrots and set aside. Preheat oven to 160C (convection setting/fan mode) or 180C (traditional setting). Prepare a 9″ (10 cup) kugelhopf bundt tin by spraying it with oil and dusting with bread* flour.
- Group A: Whisk 4 eggs & caster sugar together using a standing mixer until ribbon stage at medium speed. Slowly drizzle oil into egg mixture and continue whisking until incorporated.
- Fold in Group A items in to Group B until no visible lumps are seen.
- Fold Group C items into A+B until all incorporated.
- Transfer cake batter into tin.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes – 50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely before teasing out of the cake pan.
*Bread flour is best for dusting cake pans as its high gluten content will help the cake from sticking as it tends to absorb liquid slower.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
125g cream cheese, softened
100g butter, softened
75g icing sugar
20g wildflower honey
star piping tip (wilton 1M, or other similar tips)
1/4 cup granola with mixed nuts
Put all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix until just combined and smooth. Do not overmix as it’ll turn grainy and the texture will become too fluid.
Pipe a shell border on the top rim of the cake and sprinkle with lots of granola, pressing it in.
Chill for 4 hours before cutting and serving.